We have seen a 13% rise in fraud since our last survey and organisations see more fraud ahead. In today’s technology driven environment, cybercrime is emerging as a serious threat to organisations.
Below are some of the highlights from this year’s report.
- 34% of respondents experienced economic crime in the last 12 months (13% increase from 2009)
- Almost 1 in 10 who reported fraud suffered losses of more than US$5 million
- Cybercrime now ranks as one of the top four economic crimes
- Reputational damage resulting from cybercrime is the biggest fear for 40% of respondents
- 40% of respondents don’t have the capability to detect and prevent cybercrime
- 56% of respondents said the most serious fraud was an ‘inside job’
- Senior Executives made up almost half of the respondents who didn’t know if their organisation had suffered a fraud
Detiled report download link: here